How can i install WebGL 2.0 so my farm town game will work on my mac book (ios)??? I've been using Firefox for over 10 years with this game and now all of a sudden my game is requiring WebGL 2.0. HELP PLEASE Thank you. Garry Weaver ... ...
edited email and phone# from public and search/spam bots view on this community forum. Also moved thread from Firefox for iOS (for iPhone/iPad) to Firefox section.
Geändert am von James
Alle Antworten (3)
Hi Garry, I'm not sure how it works on Mac, but on Windows, a WebGL driver that matches your graphics card/chipset comes with the system. Then Firefox lists information about it on the Troubleshooting Information page. Either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" Help > More Troubleshooting Information
- (menu bar) Help > More Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
You can use Find (Command+F) and look for WebGL to skip to that section of the page.
Mine show rows for:
- WebGL 2 Driver WSI Info
- WebGL 2 Driver Renderer
- WebGL 2 Driver Version
- WebGL 2 Driver Extension
- WebGL 2 Extensions
Do you have information listed there?
Assuming so, the next thing to check would be whether any WebGL preferences have been customized. You can do that here:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. The moderators would like us to remind you that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future. Since we are considering returning to defaults, I feel comfortable mentioning it.
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste wegl and pause while the list is filtered
Are any of the rows bolded? Bolding indicates that a preference has been modified from its default.
(3) To reset a preference to its original value, look for a leftward-arching arrow button at the far right of the row.
I'm not sure if any changes will be effective immediately, or after the next time you Quit/restart Firefox.
Any progress so far?
I have found the webgl in the troubleshooting information. There are all the WebGL1 and extensions listed. With a lot of jibberish next to them. Computer lingo that i don't understand. The webgl2 is also listed with NOTHING next to it as if it's not added. Don't see a way to add it. I have also made sure Firefox is up to date. That didn't help.
In about:config, what do you have for webgl.enable-webgl2 ?