Dieses Thema wurde archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
Firefox consistently deletes previous session.
A few months ago, Firefox started deleting the previous session occasionally. Then it started doing it more and more frequently, until last week when it started doing it every time I closed the session. I tried researching the problem, but I didn't find much. One source suggested closing the session by clicking Exit at the bottom of the Application Menu. No luck. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with having the box for Remember browsing and download history in Settings ticked; I hope not because I need to keep the browsing history. I can't think of anything else I've tried, and I really hope someone can help me with this. I know a lot of other people have had this problem.
Thanks La Belle Otero
Windows 10 Windows Defender CCleaner Dragon NaturallySpeaking 15
Alle Antworten (4)
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes".
- do not clear the Browsing History
- Settings -> Privacy & Security
Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history":
[X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" -> Settings
- clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exceptions for passwords and other website specific data
- clearing "Cookies" will remove all cookies including cookies with an allow exception you may want to keep
At startup, are either of these are available (not hidden or grayed out):
- "3-bar" menu button > History > Restore Previous Session
- (menu bar) History > Restore Previous Session
If they are missing or grayed, is anything listed on the following menu (these should all have the same items):
- "3-bar" menu button > History > Recently Closed Windows
- "Library" toolbar button > History > Recently Closed Windows
- (menu bar) History > Recently Closed Windows
You mentioned running CCleaner, which can "clean" browser data when you restart your system, and possibly at other times. It has settings to NOT clean up Firefox data, so please make sure Firefox data is not getting cleaned.
jscher2000-No, I forgot to mention that none of the Restore previous session options were available. Also, I do have CCleaner set so that it doesn't clean the previous session.
Thanks, La Belle Otero
As I mentioned, I don't use "Clear history when Firefox closes" because I need to keep my browsing history.
Thanks, La Belle Otero