Dieses Thema wurde archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
I cannot remove a language I added in "Options - Languages"
To show Firefox menu in english, I added English to Language Settings. Now is not removable at all: the "Remove" button is non-active... And English seems to be the primary language EVER: each word written in Italian in every website is underlined in red as "mistake"... How can I remove English language from the settings ? Thank you
Alle Antworten (3)
You can't remove the default language of your installed Firefox version, so it looks you currently have an English locale installed and Italian as a language pack.
I assume that for the Italian language Remove is enabled ?
It looks you installed the Italian language pack and not the Italian dictionary. This is a misunderstanding we regularly see happen.
Do you have a dictionary installed and selected?
You can see which dictionary is selected if you right-click in a text area and open the Languages sub menu. At least one dictionary should be installed and have a check mark to indicate that it is selected.
- open the "Add Dictionaries" link to install a dictionary if you do not have one.
The spelling checker is enabled if [X] "Check Spelling" in the right-click context menu has a checkmark.
You can enable or disable spell checking globally:
- Options/Preferences -> General: Language and Appearance: "Check your spelling as you type"
You can look here for dictionaries:
Note that for spell check you need a dictionary. A language pack provides string translations for the user interface.
You can check on the about:config page that layout.spellcheckDefault is set to 1 (multi-line) or 2 (single-line).
Thank you Cor-el, but the situation is different. 1. I installed and had very well going Firefox in Italian, WITH its dictionary: typing messages with Gmail web-mail I had all words checked with Italian dictionary, underlining in red Italian typos etc.
To show some commands in English I went to Options-Languages and I ADDED English as language.
3. After all screenshots and other needs done, I went again to Options-Languages to REMOVE English (I had seen the button "Remove" -in grey - before...), but after evidence of English, the button 'Remove' was still grey-unactive.
4. After trying for many times : it is not possible AT ALL to get rid of this second language... moreover, it is not possible at all to even set Italian as first language !
5. unfortunately, all methods suggested here are NOT working.
6. I see others have the same problem: is that a BUG ?
7. Addendum: going back and forth, via different commands and clicks, I ONCE had the button "Remove" activated somehow... ; I removed English and restarted Firefox and even the whole PC, but nothing changed...
I still need help: Thank you again everybody ! :)
Does that mean the "Move Down" and "Move Up" buttons aren't working either? You may be able to edit a setting in about:config. Open a new tab, enter about:config in the address bar, accept the risk and find the following setting: intl.accept_languages To edit it, click on the pencil icon to the right of the setting. I have 4 English variants and I can delete and move any of them.