For the last few days, my Firefox browser has gone really slow. For example it takes about a minute to retweet something. I have refreshed it and ensured it is the latest version as well as updating my laptop/restarting Firefox. The rest of my laptop and other browsers works fine so it does just seem to be Firefox. Any ideas? Thanks
Alle Antworten (4)
Hi, To find out the cause of the slowdown, first try restarting Firefox in Safe Mode. Firefox run without any add-ons or plugins. - Go to options ( icon with 3-line bar beside the URL bar > Click Help > Restart with Add-On Disabled. - After that, Firefox will restart and display two options:
- Start in Safe Mode or - Refresh Firefox.
Choose Start in Safe Mode. Further information click on link text
Thanks for your help. I refreshed Firefox and that seemed to get rid of all my add on's anyway and I've had to re-add them. Either way, I tried that starting in safe mood as well as trying a few other things such as removing hardware accelerations/removing Flash and it's improved a bit but is still pretty slow
Some issues can be transferred if you use a refresh.
You can create a new profile as a quick test to see if your current profile is causing the problem.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
I tried switching to a new profile and it's still just as slow, e.g. when typing an email in my email account, it will often 'hang' and I have to wait for a while (30-60 seconds usually) before I can do anything (I can't switch tabs while I wait). It even did that a couple of times during writing this message. Thanks