Firefox does not open any pages, dialogs, about: pages
Dear All, my Firefox is broken. It starts and shows a blank tab, but I cannot open any site, not even about:config or the options pane. Typing anything in the address bar or the search bar and pressing Return does nothing.
The only things I can do is opening new tabs (which will remain blank), and clicking on menu items in the main menu. None of the items that would open any dialog works, though.
So far I have tried:
- Starting Firefox in safe mode
- Creating and using a new profile (firefox.exe /p)
- Uninstall FF and re-installing the latest version
- Uninstalling FF and installing a previous version (downgrade), using a new profile
- Deleting all mozilla and firefox entries in the registry in an uninstall / reinstall cycle
Now I am out of ideas. Any help is welcome. Thanks!
Mehr Details zum System
ublock origin, Tree Style Tab, Ghostery
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36
Start your Computer in safe mode with network support. Then start Firefox. Try Secure websites. Is the problem still there?
http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Linux+Safe+Mode Starting Any Computer In Safe Mode; Free Online Encyclopedia