I just made a HUGE mistake. I clickED the "Refresh" button to speed up Firefox. It moved my TABs bar to the top. How do I get it back under the BOOKMARKs bar?
I am so angry with Firefox/Mozilla. I want my toolbars in the following order (top to bottom): Menu Bar Location/URL Bar Bookmarks Toolbar Tabs Bar
You keep moving the TABs to the top, and I can find no way to move it back below the Bookmarks toolbar. I also have to request viewing the Menu bar which is not visible by default. Why do you make it so difficult for us? Should I look for a different browser? The only ones I have every had are Netscape and Firefox. I tried Chrome, but do not like it. Firefox used to be good, but it as become less responsive to the end-user. I see an opportunity for yet another browser company.
Mehr Details zum System
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:70.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/70.0
Moving the Tab bar to the lower position is done via userChrome.css in the chrome folder. When you refreshed Firefox then you lost the chrome folder and the file
You need to look at the "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop and copy the chrome folder to the Firefox profile folder.
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
In Firefox 69 and later you need to set this pref to true on the about:config page to enable userChrome.css and userContent.css in the chrome folder.
- toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets = true
If your userChrome.css didn't (doesn't) work in Firefox 70 then you need to look for an update. See this reply for basic code.
- /questions/1248277#answer-1192325 Reposition Tabs at bottom, directly above web page in Firefox 65.0?
You can search the Reddit website for other versions.
Geändert am von cor-el
01. Click the menu button and choose Customize…. To turn on the Title bar: Put a check mark next to Title Bar in the lower left. To turn on the Bookmarks toolbar: Click the Toolbars dropdown menu at the bottom of the screen and select Bookmarks Toolbar.
02. Click the Done button.