Stop web page from asking me if really want to leave
gmail stops me from leaving
Mehr Details zum System
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:69.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0
This can be a useful feature to avoid losing unsaved work in progress --
-- but some sites may abuse it. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a way to disable the "hook" for this only for some sites, it's all or none.
If you want to try it anyway:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste beforeunload and pause while the list is filtered
(3) To completely block all sites from hooking into this event, double-click the dom.disable_beforeunload preference to switch the value from false to true
That fix did work until a few days ago, but even though about:config is set to dom.disable_beforeunload True, firefox stops the page from redirecting out of gmail.
Quote: firefox stops the page from redirecting out of gmail.
Are you opening an external link when this happens? Are you composing a new message ?
Did you make changes on about:config to how links are opened?
- 1: current tab; 2:new window; 3:new tab;
Geändert am von cor-el
What does the message look like?
Is it some kind of outbound link or redirect warning?
the message is: firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page. I thought it was just when I was in gmail, but now it's other pages as well. the about:config dom...was already changed to true
the message is: firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page.
Different issue. Undo the first preference change and:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste access and pause while the list is filtered
(3) If the accessibility.blockautorefresh preference is bolded and "modified" or "user set" to true, double-click it to restore the default value of false