My default search engine is Google. But my browser is using some website called information vine to return search results. Any way out?
My browser is using some website called information vine to return search results. Any way out?
Mehr Details zum System
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.14; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
It sounds like you have a third party program that has taken over your search engine, home page, and/or the default new tab page. Fortunately, this can be remedied easily:
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Select the toolbar you wish to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click "Restart now" if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.
For further information, please read Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page.
Did this fix the problem? Please let us know!
Type about:addons<enter> in the address bar to open your Add-ons Manager. Hot key; (<Control> [Mac=<Command>] <Shift> A)
In the Add-ons Manager, on the left, select Extensions. Remove “ information vine “ Anything.
Also remove SafeSearch, SearchAssist Incognito, FileConverter Addon, SearchLock, DiscreteSearch, WebSearch, Findwide Search Engine, securedsearch
Now do the same in the computer’s Programs Folder.
Windows: Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Programs. Mac: Open the Applications folder. Linux: Check your user manual.