can't open my bank's website anymore!
please help. can't get into bank account since i upgraded to 48.0.2. Tried all different fixes. none work. does anyone have any ideas?
Mehr Details zum System
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.11
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Launches Roblox Application
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
Are you getting a specific error message?
Firefox 48.0 is more than two and half years old. Is there a reason why you haven't updated to the latest version of Firefox?
Wesley Branton said
Is there a reason why you haven't updated to the latest version of Firefox?
Firefox 49.0 and later requires Mac OSX 10.9+ https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/49.0/system-requirements/
Actually the latest Firefox with security fixes for 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 was Firefox 45.9.0esr
Geändert am von James
Firefox 49.0 and later requires Mac OSX 10.9+
Thanks for the information James!
After looking into the issue further (with some further information provided by the original poster), this appears to only be an issue that occurs on older versions of Firefox.
They are receiving an SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP error message. Upon further research, setting the security.tls.unrestricted_rc4_fallback option does not fix the issue, neither does anything else recommended for this error message.
If anyone else has any information on resolving this issue or a potential workaround, please let the original poster know.
At the moment, it appears that the issue can only be fixed with a computer upgrade.
Here's a similar thread from last week, possibly the same bank?