I can't import my bookmarks into new version of firefox
I updated my mozilla and my bookmarks disappeared. I have tried to restore them and import them and neither option works. Also, Mozilla now keeps crashing on me. I did a restore on my computer and then deleted and reinstalled mozilla but it is continuously having issues. Please help.
Mehr Details zum System
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 18.11.20055
- Best Buy pc app Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Facebook Desktop Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- PDFlite Browser Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 30.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- SquareClock 3D Plugin - Production_HBMV1
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Note that importing or restoring bookmarks can take some time if you have a lot of bookmarks, so if Firefox seems to hang then give Firefox more time to complete the task.
You can also check the Browser Console (i.e. NOT the Web Console) for error messages.
- "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Web Developer
The name of an automatically created JSON bookmarks backup in the bookmarkbackups folder includes a total item count (folders and separators included) and an hash value to prevent saving the same backup more than once. You also see this count in the Restore menu drop-down list.
- bookmarks-YYYY-MM-DD_<item count>_<hash>.jsonlz4.
If you use Sync then best is to disconnect Sync temporarily during troubleshooting.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database (bookmarks and history) in the Firefox profile folder.
- use "Verify Integrity" on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
in case errors are reported close and restart Firefox and retry
If "Verify Integrity" on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page cannot repair places.sqlite then remove all places.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from a recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
Geändert am von cor-el