Dieses Thema wurde archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
All my bookmarks are gone. Bookmark restore option only shows yesterday (with none of my bookmarks).
I'm using Firefox Quantum 59.0.2. All of my bookmarks have disappeared. When I attempt to use the bookmark restore function, it only gives me a restore date of yesterday (which shows only default bookmarks and not my many previously-created bookmarks). I've been using Firefox for many years.
Alle Antworten (5)
Sorry to hear about this problem. If you haven't already, you may want to do a normal system shutdown and startup to release any file locks and complete any pending updates.
If your Firefox data does not magically reappear, the most likely scenarios for complete data loss are:
(1) A Refresh started but the migration of data from your old profile to your new profile was incomplete, or
(2) Your old profile was locked, so Firefox ignored it and created a new one.
It's a lot of things to check, but if you go step by step, it's not too bad.
Did Firefox perform a Refresh?
Unless it was interrupted in progress, you should find a folder on your desktop named Old Firefox Data. Inside would be a semi-randomly-named folder with freshly updated files. Do you see anything like that?
If so, we'll suggest how to rescue key files or completely restore the earlier profile folder.
Does the Profile Manager list your immediately previous profile folder?
To check on that, inside Firefox, type or paste about:profiles in the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it.
This page should list all the profiles Firefox is currently aware of. If you see a profile that is not currently set as default that looks promising, scroll down to it and click the Set as default profile button below that profile, then scroll back up and click the Restart normally button. (There are some other buttons, but I think those are still "under construction" so please ignore them.)
Firefox should exit and then start up using the other profile. Is that the right one?
If it's not there...
Did Firefox orphan your old profile folder?
Here's how to check whether there are additional profile folders in the standard location in addition to the one you're using. Start by opening your current Firefox profile folder using either:
* "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Troubleshooting Information
* (menu bar) Help > Troubleshooting Information
* type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the first table on the page, click the "Open Folder" button, to launch a new window listing various files and folders in Windows Explorer.
In the Windows Explorer address bar, click the capitalized word Profiles to move up one level in the folder hierarchy. More than one folder here by any chance? Do the files in those folders look like they were last updated around the time of the update?
If you've got any promising looking folders, we can discuss next steps to recover use of them.
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I tried the normal system shutdown and that didn't resolve the problem. But I do have an Old Firefox Data folder on my desktop that was created on Feb 5, 2018. Could you let me know the next steps to rescue/restore my profile? Thanks!
Do you see bookmark backups in the bookmarkbackups folder folder in the profile folder in the "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop?
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
You can copy files like these with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to recover specific data. Note that you should be cautious with copying SQLite database files if you previously had problems.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
Geändert am von cor-el
I do have an Old Firefox Data folder on my desktop that was created on Feb 5, 2018.
Since that's 9 weeks old now, you might also check the other places to see whether you can find more up-to-date data.
Thank you so much for the info! I was able to restore the bookmarks from the old Firefox Data folder. Thanks again! :-)