Why doesn't my password work in Firefox;it works in Safari?
When I open hotmail (Outlook) in Safari, Microsoft accepts my password. When I do the same thing in Firefox, the same password fails.
Mehr Details zum System
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 18.011.20036
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 18.104.22.168
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- CIG Download
- Shockwave Flash 28.0 r0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
A similar problem occurred to a lot of people about a year ago. There is a work around published here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/osecurity-oother/error-when-trying-to-log-in-to-outlook-using/9f8dd00f-e4d8-4984-ac17-ecf85cacbac6?auth=1 or abbreviated http://tinyurl.com/loginoutlook
which is about:config into the firefox address bar
(confirm the info message in case it shows up)
& search for the preference named security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling. double-click it and change its value to false.
How insecure the above is, I have no idea.
On the above thread Sharcs writies
this is clearly a problem with Microsoft. When asked, the guys at Mozilla said:
"ocsp is an advanced security feature in Firefox - this error needs to be fixed by the web site in question, so please also contact their support channels and report the issue."
IanN provides more detailed information The problem is that the Microsoft OCSP server (http://ocsp.msocsp.com) which providers the extra security information for certificates is giving the following error:
Error querying OCSP responder 139681279068024:error:27076072:OCSP routines:PARSE_HTTP_LINE1:server response error:ocsp_ht.c:314:Code=403,Reason=Forbidden
Thus why Firefox is complaining.
The temporary fix is to make Firefox less secure, the proper resolution is for Microsoft to unbreak their OCSP server.
You are using a very old Firefox version - as you are using plugins, you should download the latest ESR version :