Using OSX 10.6.8
Hi I am using Osx 10.6.8 and firefox 41.5 and can not update, what is the latest update I could get for firefox and how Nicholas
Mehr Details zum System
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 22.214.171.124
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Version 126.96.36.199
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Separate Security Issue: Update your Flash Player Note: Windows users should download the ActiveX for Internet Explorer. and the plugin for Plugin-based browsers (like Firefox).
Note: Windows 8 and Windows 10 have built-in flash players and Adobe will cause a conflict. Install the plugin only. Not the ActiveX.
Flash Player Version: Version 188.8.131.52
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Direct link scans current system and browser Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only>
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, Win IE . . . .) Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only> +++++++++++++++++++ See if there are updates for your graphics drivers https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration
If you have trouble with the upgrade, use this link; http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
The latest version I could find that will work with your OS is Firefox 47.0.2, which you can download from here :
You can consider to install the Firefox 45.9.0 ESR version since this version is more recent (has received more security updates; April 19, 2017) than the Firefox 47.0.2 version (November 1, 2016).
Note : The Firefox ESR version will end in May - Mac OS X 10.6 has built-in security software : Apple did an excellent job on Mac OS X Security to protect their system. There are at least seven built-in Mac Security Software to protect the users from hackers and internet threats.