Dieses Thema wurde archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
can't access some pages on website
When I visit my brokerage account I must use MS-Explorer, it seems that I can no longer access some of the pages on the web-site with FireFox. On the research page is a bar with the following choices: Summary, News, Charts, Ratings, Earnings, Statements, Peers, Ratios, Dividends, Reports, Options, Preferreds
I can select Summary and I get a summary. When I select Charts I don't get the charts. I can select Options and it takes me to the Options page. I can only get Summary, Ratings, and Options, none of the others.
Alle Antworten (4)
Do you know whether the chart and other missing features use a plugin? Internet Explorer uses a different set of plugins from Firefox, but you might still be able to figure out whether a plugin is being used by right-clicking the chart or other display area. When it's a plugin, instead of getting the usual right-click menu you usually get one that mentions what plugin it is (e.g., Flash, Silverlight, Java). Does that provide any new information.
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove the cookies from websites that cause problems via the "3-bar" Firefox menu button (Options/Preferences).
"Clear the cache":
- Firefox/Options/Preferences -> Advanced -> Network -> Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove the cookies" from websites that cause problems.
- Firefox/Options/Preferences -> Privacy -> "Use custom settings for history" -> Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If you use extensions ("3-bar" menu button# or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) that can block content (e.g. Adblock Plus, NoScript, Flash Block, Ghostery) then make sure such extensions do not block content. There is security software that can interfere with loading content, so check that as well.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button# or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button# or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
This notice appeared when I tried to use "street smart":
Additionally, you can access your Schwab account(s) using Schwab.com or StreetSmart Edge in the cloud. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your Schwab team or call 800-435-4000.
So apparently my problem is with Firefox and Java
If you want to give it a try, you can switch to a version of Firefox that will run Java. The site still might tell you that it wants you to use another browser, so I can't guarantee this will help.
The regular release of Firefox 52+ only allows one plugin, which is Flash. The Extended Support Release (ESR) of Firefox 52 will still run Java, Silverlight, etc.
More information on this change and where to get the ESR version of Firefox: Why do Java, Silverlight, Adobe Acrobat and other plugins no longer work?
Windows Users: When you get to the ESR installer list, you'll notice at least two different downloads for Windows:
- Windows installer is the standard version for Windows that runs on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista through 10 (and 32-bit XP), the best choice for most users
- Windows 64-bit installer ONLY runs the Flash and Silverlight plugins, so that is not what you're looking for. (If someone reading this only needs Silverlight and is considering switching to 64-bit, there may be some extra file cleanup to do on your system. See: How to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit Firefox)