Firefox blocked Quicktime 7.7.6 in windowsXP/What do you use in place of this plugin?
When I'm playing media, it says to activate Quicktime plugin. On your plugin page, it states Quicktime vulnerable and is blocked, and is no longer supported by Apple. I do see a 7.7.9 Quicktime update? but do not know if that would be blocked also in my Windows XP. What is recommended to replace Quicktime 7.7.6 in Firefox?
Mehr Details zum System
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.17
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
Quicktime for Windows is no longer supported.
April 18, 2016: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/blocked/p1151
Why was it blocked? The QuickTime Plugin for Windows has been discontinued by Apple and has known critical security vulnerabilities. All users are strongly encouraged to remove it or keep it disabled
Geändert am von James
I think the VLC player/plugin covers the most important types of media that QuickTime played.
Do you not have Flash or did you set it to Never Activate? There is something odd going on with Flash and VLC in Firefox 48 -- at least on my system -- where they are sharing a permission setting. This might also affect Firefox 49, I haven't checked. If you can't set different permissions for the two, you can set them to Ask to Activate, but unfortunately, if you intended websites not to know that you have Flash, then they will know.