Will Firefox include a built-in VPN?
Hey all, The Developer version of Opera now includes a free and unlimited built-in VPN. I have clung to Firefox for years because of its features and open-source nature but Opera is now making a very good case to switch as a VPN seems a very important addition to a browser. Are there any knows plans for Firefox to develop a similar feature in the coming releases? So far, no add-on has really convinced me of its reliability in this matter. Best, Lou
Mehr Details zum System
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
Thank you for your question.
There are a number of developments coming in Firefox at various stages of work and with differing levels of public information. New features are being planned, but I do not know if built in VPN is one of them at this time.
I am sorry that I cannot be more specific, but I hope this helps answer your question.
hi, and just to expand on seburo's answer (as support.mozilla.org is mostly a users-helping-users type forum and developers won't read along here): if you want to leave feedback about firefox or provide ideas you could do so at https://input.mozilla.org/feedback or by filing a feature request at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org ...