The box for keeping my login information will not stay checked?
I try to log in were I need to use my user name and password I have to reenter it! The password and user name were saved or( Remembered) but the check mark will not stay in the box to remember my logins, that is in the (SECURITY) section. This has happened with the last up-date, I tried to redo the up-date but that did not fix it!
Mehr Details zum System
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.10.20056
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
You can check if you have a user.js file in the profile folder to initialize prefs each time Firefox starts. The user.js file will only be present if you or other software has created this file and normally won't be present.
You can check its content with a plain text editor (right-click: "Open with"; do not double-click). The user.js file is read each time Firefox is started and initializes preferences to the value specified in this file, so preferences set via user.js can only be changed temporarily for the current session.
You can delete the user.js file if you didn't create this file yourself.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
No, user.js file was not present!
There is software like Advanced SystemCare with its Surfing Protection feature that can protect files in the Firefox profile folder against changes. If you have such software then check the settings or uninstall this software.
A detail like a website remembering you (log you in automatically) is stored in a cookie.
You can use these steps to make a website recognize and remember you:
- You can create a cookie" "Allow" exception to keep specific cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
- clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exception for password and other website specific data
- clearing cookies will remove all selected cookies including cookies with an Allow exception you may want to keep