My search box is missing.
My search box is missing. When I enter a search now titled "Enter Search of Site," I am taken to YouTube.
Mehr Details zum System
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 8.0 r22
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Type about:customizing<enter> in the address bar. Look for Show / Hide Toolbars at the bottom left.
There is also a Restore Defaults button at the bottom middle.
Type about:preferences#search<enter> in the address bar. Select what you want as your default search engine here.
Try to delete the search.json file and possible search-metadata.json and search.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder to reset the search engines to the default.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Firefox will rebuild the search.json file from the default built-in search engines that come with Firefox and the searchplugins folder in the Firefox profile folder.