Can I integrate a custom Add-On URL for use on a disconnected network?
I manage systems on a disconnected network (no Internet access) and I would like to provide my users an easier way to load Firefox add-ons. Currently we have to install them manually. Is it possible to create a custom internal URL for the "Get Add-On" link to point to?
Mehr Details zum System
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.13
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
My logic to prevent security issues does not seem like this is recommended
However, xpi installs are blocked unless you allow them on the whitelist url in about:config.