Enigmail loaded ok, but does not unlock and decrypt message
Followed all directions and Enigmail shows it loaded into Thunderbird properly. However, when I get an encrypted email, it shows a closed lock and the following block shows up when I click on "Details":
Enigmail Security Info
Part of the message encrypted Error - no matching private/secret key found to decrypt message
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key
Note: The message is encrypted for the following User ID's / Keys:
Appreciate the advise. I deleted everything I had done and started again from scratch. I have no idea what I did differently from the first time, but it worked this time around!Diese Antwort im Kontext lesen 0
Mehr Details zum System
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.8.20082
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- This plug-in enables downloading of HTML5 videos
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
The message wasn't encrypted to your public key. The sender must encrypt the message to your key for you to be able to decrypt it. So you'll need to exchange keys with the sender first.
That was done already. I have repeatedly tried using the new key pair option in the wizard. The slider bar fills with green and it says the new key was generated. However, the next and back radio buttons remain greyed out. Could the Norton firewall/anti virus software be blocking something?
This is occurring on a ASUS X99-A motherboard, i7 5820, 64bit, 16GB RAM Windows 10 system.
I'd suggest you ask this in the Enigmail support forum. https://www.enigmail.net/support/index.php
Appreciate the advise. I deleted everything I had done and started again from scratch. I have no idea what I did differently from the first time, but it worked this time around!