Firefox downgrades to earlier version
I am running WIndows 7. I have admin rights (this is a work computer). I have upgraded Firefox to version 40.x (several times). I have deleted the previous version (29.0) using both Control Panel Uninstall and manually removing the Mozilla folders.
The upgrade works fine until I logout/restart. Then version 29.0 is what is running (and now present in the Uninstall control panel). Of course, Firefox wants to upgrade this version but at this point I may have to use Chrome (please no!) rather than upgrading every session.
Mehr Details zum System
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- Provides secure and convenient logon to Web sites
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.
Separate Issue; Your System Details shows;
Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues. You must remove the older programs. Then get the current full installer.
In your Windows settings is there anything that says to restore to a previous version on restarting your computer?