how do I set a startup page
In relation to Firefox for Android. I don't like panels so how do I get my homepage/startup/newtab page set up? I want to open up Firefox and see the website I selected, not a panel listing sites, needing extra clicks. I succeeded in removing the panels in the windows version and getting my homepage back but in Android I'm stumped.
Mehr Details zum System
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r115
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:38.0) Gecko/38.0 Firefox/38.0
Firefox for Android's new tab page only shows those panels. It is possible to leave open the same url however I also have not seen an add on that changes the new tab url.
I’m replying to you because you posted a question about setting a homepage in the last few months.
We’re testing a homepage feature in Firefox Nightly and we’d love to get your feedback before we release it to the public!
Here are a few questions we have for you, but please include any other feedback:
- Briefly describe what you expected the homepage in Firefox to be like.
- How does the homepage in Firefox compare to your expectations?
- Is anything missing from the ‘homepage in Firefox’ experience?
- Was it easy or difficult to set your homepage in Firefox?
- What is one thing you would change about the homepage in Firefox?
Ready to give it a try? Here’s how it works:
- First, allow third-party app installation on your Android. Go to your Android Settings and enable 'unknown sources' (usually under "Security").
- Download and install Firefox for Android Nightly at nightly.mozilla.org
- Open Firefox for Android Nightly, then in the menu, tap Settings -> Customize -> Home -> Set a Homepage
- Enter a homepage by either typing in a URL, or put a check mark next to ‘Use current tab’.
- Finally tap ‘OK’ to set your homepage.
You’ll will see your homepage every time you restart Firefox for Android Nightly.