Why does firefox not allow me to click anywhere but the minimize or close out buttons but does not show not responding? this happens at various times.
I can go to say facebook or google or to check my email weather it's on my desktop computer or my laptop and firefox will freeze up. after it does i can't click on anything and i do not get the not responding message at the top of the screen. my father has the same problem on his computer. all 3 computers are different builds.
Mehr Details zum System
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- PlayNow Plugin
- Battlelog Game Launcher (2.3.2)
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.1994
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Google Update
- HP Active Check Plugin
- HP Pit Plugin
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.67.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Nexon Game Controller
- Pando Web Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Website Logon Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
First make sure that you do not have multiple installations of various versions of the same plugin. In your troubleshooting information there are three installations of Flash and some that have been marked as vulnerable.
Second, please make sure that all your plugins and add ons are up to date, sometimes an outdated add on can cause performance issues.
Third: Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode Does this happen in Safe Mode? (it will disable hardware acceleration, add ons and some config entries)
Fourth: When does this happen? Try these steps with the same thing you were doing right before it happens Firefox hangs or is not responding - How to fix
I can go to say facebook or google or to check my email weather it's on my desktop computer or my laptop and firefox will freeze up. after it does i can't click on anything and i do not get the not responding message at the top of the screen. my father has the same problem on his computer. all 3 computers are different builds.everything is up to date. It happens even in safe mode and it happens at random on 3 different systems that are all different. as far as flash goes there is only 1 version of flash on all 3 systems and it is also up to date. It is NOT a firewall issues as it happens even with the firewall turned off completely. and all 3 systems have a different operating system. My desktop has Windows 7 HP with SP1 my laptop has Windows 8.1 and my father's system has Windows 8.1 pro. As far as step goes it doesn't matter what I am doing when it happens and if i have multiple tabs like say 3 for example I can't click on the open tabs and when i hit the x close firefox out i get the message about closing out x amount of tabs and i can't even click the ok button i have to use task manager to close firefox out.
Hi tmbstne284, The troubleshooting information in the question had more than one version of flash listed, this is where this came from. (click on "View Details" on the right column of this webpage) I also understand that Firefox hangs when you try to close a tab or all of the tabs of a window.
- Does this happen when you click the three horizontal line menu then the Exit button?
- Is your Java up to date on all three computers?