Firefox sync not workin, can't login, forgot password or sign up - none working!
I'm running the latest Firefox v33.0.2 on Windows 8, but i've also tried the following on a laptop running Windows 8 and a Galaxy S5 running Android.
Problems started this morning when i re-installed a laptop running Windows 8 and installed Firefox v33.0.2. I went to setup Sync and couldn't sign in. All known passwords didn't work. I requested to reset the password.
I can't login to Sync, all known passwords dont work.
If i click forgotten password for my main account i get 'Unexpected error'
If i try and create a new Sync account and then Forgotten password as i can't login :
I receive the forgotton password email, but almost immediately i get the error - Reset password link expired. The link you clicked to reset your password is expired.
If i click the 'Click here to receive a new reset link' i get the error 'Unknown account'
I can't sign up for a new Sync account - it says working, then an error occurred, although i do receive a verify email, but if i click on the link, created less than 2 minutes before it tells me 'Verification link expired The link you clicked to verify your email is expired.'
If i try and sign in, despite receiving a verification email it tells me the account doesn't exist!
So, i can't login to Sync, i can't reset my password and i can't sign up for a new Sync account - Every option simply doesn't work, so i'm assuming everyone must be experience Sync problems if they sign out and try to sign in or setup Sync on a new device?
What's going on with Sync, the whole system seems to be broken?
I've tried this on 3 different devices and get the same results!
Mehr Details zum System
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Apologies for this issue, sounds very irritating :/ It seems this is a fairly widespread issue, but as the vast majority of us are volunteers (including myself) we don't have any access whatsoever to the servers for security reasons. Therefore, I've flagged this up for a member of Mozilla staff or someone who can help you better to follow it up - they should get back to you soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Curtis Parfitt-Ford Mozilla Support
Ok to follow up and narrow down the issue can you please try the following:
- make a copy of the login file in your current profile folder. This is located
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-d... in these files: key3.db and logins.json
- Grab these and paste them into a new profile and add this to the new profile to eliminate if this is an issue with the password file.
- Profile Manager - Create, remove, or switch Firefox profiles
If the passwords work in the new profile the logs would be helpful to investigate further.
- How do I turn on sync logs:
- Open about:config and turn on: services.sync.log.appender.file.logOnSuccess and services.sync.log.logger.engine.bookmarks
- Restart Firefox and look at: about:sync-log
- Logs and error messages will be located here
Please also use pastebin.mozilla.org for sharring any errors that relate to this issue.