I like reading the comment section on slate.com. When I try to pull up the comments on my surface pro 3, it doesn't work. It works fine on my desktop computer.
I read slate.com pretty regularly, and I like to read the comment section after I read the articles. They use a service called livefyre to handle their comment sections. I recently got a surface pro 3 and noticed that when i try to pull up the comments by clicking on the little comment icon at the bottom of the page, livefyre won't pull up. Instead, #comments gets added to the end of the web address and nothing happens. But when this in internet explorer, it works just fine. It also works fine if I use firefox on my desktop computer, just not on my tablet. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Mehr Details zum System
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.67.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Do you have any differences in your settings and extensions between the systems? One way to compare would be to use their respective about:support pages. You can open those using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Troubleshooting Information
- Help menu > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
If you use an automated comparison tool like WinMerge, you can copy the page content using the button in the upper left (Copy text to clipboard) and then paste it into a text file.