Mac 10.9 trackpad scroll not working - reprise
This is a reprise of the bug show here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/976644
My trackpad today started to randomly stop being able to two finger scroll up or down. Like the OP I found exiting and entering temporarily restores scrolling for a short time. I'm unsure how to fix this. Am I alone, or is anyone else having this same issue?
I have a late 2013 Macbook Pro using OSX 10.9.3 and Firefox 30.
Mehr Details zum System
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
Hi madmoose, Thank you for your question and sorry that you are experiencing this. In order to investigate wether or not this is a regression of a previous scrolling issue in Mac OSX could you please try the following:
- Disable scrolling acceleration
- Does this also happen in Safe Mode [Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode ]and a new Profile? Profile Manager - Create, remove, or switch Firefox profiles
Looking forward to your reply! I could not reproduce this, but once we settings that may cause this or a website it could help narrow down what may be causing the scrolling issue.:-)
I am having the same issue.
I disabled "Use autoscrolling", "Use smooth scrolling", and "Use hardware acceleration when available" and the problem persisted.
I restarted in safe mode and so far two finger scrolling is working.
I hope someone can figure out what the problem is. I can't use FF in safe mode.
iMac, FF ver 30.0, 10.9.4
The problem is easy to reproduce.
While scrolling is in motion, use a two finger left or right swipe. This will cause scrolling to stop working until Firefox is restarted.
Here is the bug report (it is an Apple bug):
As a workaround, put the Mac to sleep, and then wake it up. Scrolling should start working again.
Geändert am von Mr.C.
I had this issue a few months back, and its just came back again. It's need an ongoing issue for a number of years I'm just amazed it is still a problem that neither Apple or Mozilla are able to fix.
Geändert am von lancer1993