1) I have Thunderbird 78.5.0 on my five-year old Windows 10 laptop and want to copy my data files to my new Windows 10 HP desktop pc. 2) I read and followed the direction… (læs mere)
1) I have Thunderbird 78.5.0 on my five-year old Windows 10 laptop and want to copy my data files to my new Windows 10 HP desktop pc.
2) I read and followed the directions in "Moving Thunderbird Data to a new Computer". I tried it several times, but I could not get it to work. Each time I pasted in the files, but when I opened Thunderbird, the new account window came up and none of my data was there.
3) I read the article "No Success with Moving Thunderbird Data to a New Computer" and tried the method on appuals.com using MozBackup as described on appuals.com. That program indicated a corrupt file, so again, unsuccessful.
4) I tried to download the Restoro Repair app from appuals.com, but my anti-malware program gave a warning, so I aborted.
5) I read the article from MozillaZine on "Move to a New PC", but nothing I tried from there worked either. I started with downloading the more recent MozBackup version, but I still got the corrupt file message. I also tried moving pieces of the profile file as directed, but then Thunderbird was unable to open at all.
6) I deleted the Thunderbird app from the desktop and downloaded another copy, which I am ready to install. However, I still need help on moving the data!