Hello, I've been getting an error for some time now. Firefox tabs suddenly crash (usually media tabs with video, like Twitch or video conference sites) and I can't seem t… (læs mere)
I've been getting an error for some time now. Firefox tabs suddenly crash (usually media tabs with video, like Twitch or video conference sites) and I can't seem to find a solution. But most importantly, many videos or live streams show graphic artifacts. You can check it in the attached screenshot). I have tried many things to solve it, but none worked. This is what I tried:
- Changing cables and monitors.
- Disabling extensions and plugins.
- Disabling hardware acceleration.
- Installing Firefox from scratch.
- Installing an old version.
- Installing Nightly.
- Removing the GPU. The issue persisted with a different video card and with integrated graphics. So the GPU is not the issue.
- Trying using another OS. I thought my Windows install might have been corrupt, but it also happened in Ubuntu.
- Trying other browsers. I tried Chrome (which resulted in the issue as well) and Edge (which surprisingly did fine, it's my only solution right now).
I would love to keep using Firefox but it's a pain to watch media like this. I don't know if the issue might be from the motherboard or another component. Between the crashes and this I can't use it normally.
I can try providing any details needed to solve the problem. Could you please help me? I don't know what else I can try.