My Firefox keeps opening new pages to dealshark and others.
Firefox keeps on opening up new tabs for some site called Dealshark and 123 something or another. I constantly get pop-ups in the middle of my pages and many terms are now highlighted within pages I am looking at. Terns like "Friday afternoon" or "Gold Bullion" show up in green underlined highlights. I also get a re-direct pop up in the middle of most any page trying to take me to what claims to be Amazon.com. All this despite the fact that I have pop up blockers in place. On top of this about two thirds of the time a new square window opens up as I am typing and I have to clear it to continue. Every time I click a link I get one of these new tabs or window.
None of my other computers have this so I know it's some kind of virus. I am using a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard. Can you please help me clean this out?
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Picasa plugin.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Coupons Inc Mac Safari Plugin
- Netscape plug-in that plays Rhapsody content
- NPVeohVersion plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Have a look at this link
or this one
Thanks but all that info is for Windows and I have a Mac. There does not seem to be anything on the net for it.
Check your Safari and Firefox extensions for - GoPhoto.it 0.91.5 - Best Youtube Downloader
You must have installed one lately that is causing all this.
Please update to the current Firefox 28 release.
- Help > About Firefox
The Firefox 11 version that you currently run is no longer supported with security updates.
- It is important to update Firefox and add-ons to the latest version to get all security fixes.