firefox 28 make keyboard unusable
After I installed update version 28 of Firefox, my keyboard does not print the font I strike. If I hit P, it will print numbers, qwerty and all sorts of other fonts. I have tried all the fixes offered on line, uncheck this, hit F9, hit the Windows Key, hit F7 and the windows key at the same time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with the same result. I have tried to get Firefox 27 again when my keyboard worked but that does not seem to be available anywhere that does not install unwanted software on my pc. I love Firefox and trust it much more than IE11 but this leaves me little choice as to browser. My keyboard works with IE11, Word, Notebook and all other places requiring text. Help!
It was the Zone Alarm Anti-Keylogger. Your information was right on target. Thanks a million, I have tried so many things In the last two days after downloading version 28. I really prefer using Firefox and am really glad to have it back. Your support is super. Thanks again.Læs dette svar i sammenhæng 0
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- DLM Netscape Plugin (184.108.40.206)
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.2; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7
Your System Details List shows a Firefox/3.5.7 user agent:
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.2; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7
You can check for problems caused by a possible corrupted user agent.
This issue can be caused by the Anti-Keylogger in ZoneAlarm, so you can disable this feature until ZoneAlarm has released an update.
- /questions/994322 When i hit a key to type it cycles through every key on the keyboard
It was the Zone Alarm Anti-Keylogger. Your information was right on target. Thanks a million, I have tried so many things In the last two days after downloading version 28. I really prefer using Firefox and am really glad to have it back. Your support is super. Thanks again.
Did you use cor-el's information about resetting your user agent? That'll be important for using the web in the future.
Hi, the only one available was user-agent locale but the reset button was blanked out. The warning of using an outdated version of Firefox was quite correct. I had to use Firefox 3 because that was the only way I could use the keyboard to key in the problem because of the problem using Firefox 28 and my anti-keyboard software. Thanks for taking the interest. Cheers.