Remove ask from my computer
I would like some simple, clear instructions on how to completey remove Ask from my computer (particularly the search engine). Thanks.
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Google Update
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
These articles should help:
- http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421591,00.asp How to Remove the Ask.com Toolbar From Your Browser
You may want to also check for a user.js file and DELETE that.
HI I have the same problem and i try to reset FF but it wasn't solution ! I try to delete the user.js ,but it doesn't exist! now what can i do?
Ændret af Sahba.AH den
Could you please start a new thread for your question instead of posting in an existing thread?
Then you can provide more information like your operating system and installed extensions and installed plugins.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
You can use the SearchReset extension to reset some preferences to the default values.
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).
Hi I had the same problem, I did remove all "ask files" from my computer and all the adds-on from my firefox; uninstall and reinstall firefox: remove from the small bar with the little lens at the right top and nothing still every time I opened a new tab the "ask search engine" kept coming. The last thing I just did and it worked was to click on the option at the bottom of the page to unveil or disable or un-tick the the option and then surprisingly it was removed :) now every time i open a new tab it comes out with nine small screens with the latest websites that i visited
Ændret af puyberto den