i want firefox new tab to be open blank not www.google.com/firefox
- Alle indlæg
- Nyttige løsninger
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
- Type browser.newtab.url in the search box.
- Double-click the browser.newtab.url preference and change the url to about:blank
Click OK and close the about:config tab.
What's irritating about this issue is, I had already done this once, but when I "upgraded" [sic] it forgot my choice for some reason and went back to showing FRU thumbnails again.
HI. I wanted the new tab to open to yahoo.com (Canadian edition) So I followed your advice and instead of putting in "about:blank" I put in "about:http://ca.yahoo.com/" - Well that didn't work. So I looked at what happened and went back and after double clicking on browser.newtab.url, I deleted "about:" so that it looked like "http://ca.yahoo.com/" . Works like a dream. Thanks
That is because you used two "protocols". A "protocol" tells the browser /how/ to fetch something. "http" tells it to fetch it from the web, "file" would tell it to fetch a file off your computer. The protocol "about" is used for built-in things like "blank" that don't need to be fetched at all.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.