Can't use Search Tools in 'Google search'
When I search using Google, on Firefox 18 Beta 4, I get a list of hits.
All good, but when I want to customize the results, for example to restrict the hits to the last 24 hours, I click on 'Search Tools' - which should list the options.
But I get nothing.
The page title flicks between 'Redirect' and 'Connecting' repeatedly.
The address bar shows the following: data:text/html,<title>Redirect</title><a href="" style="color:blue"></a><meta http-equiv=refresh content="0;url=">
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Fire IE DLL
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- Picasa plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Make sure that you aren't blocking Google cookies if there are problems on Google web pages.
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Was not cookies. Must be an add-on, as Firefox Safe Mode works fine.
If it does work in Firefox Safe-mode then disable all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")