ive lost me tabbs
so i clicked on some website and all these other ff windows came up i thort iid have a virus of some sort so i clicked rid of everything including my main 50 odd tab browser if you will so i could restart into safe start to give me a better chance of removing said possible virus i did that and there was nothing so rebooted into nomal os
started ff no tabs so went into recently closed windows and found out that i had closes the main ff window first then the silly ones so my main ff window is gone from the history what shall i do it seems i never made a restore point in windows thats how i used to fix this
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Unity Player 3.5.6f4
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox Profile Folder to remove any stored tabs and windows that show in History > Recently Closed Tabs/Windows or if you otherwise have problems with starting Firefox.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
Note that deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost, so you will have to create them again.
sorry dont understand your solution
If there weren't any windows to restore (History > Recently Closed Windows) then those lost tabs can't be recovered.
You can check the history (Sidebar: Ctrl+H or History > Show All History), possibly sorting "By Last Visited".
The sessionstore.js file in the Firefox Profile Folder stores session data that allows to reopen tabs and windows from a previous session.
You would need a (backup) copy of the file to restore an older session.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
i downloaded recuva and have a list of 7 recoverable files would any of these be the one i want and what would i do to know does it work this way
You can use one of the methods posted in this MozillaZine forum thread to check sessionstore.js files