Keyboard shortcut to open the page you came from in a new tab?
Does this exist/is it possible for me to implement and if so what is the shortcut/how do I implement it?
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1997
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- vShare.tv plug-in
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
Firefox 17.0 @ Win7 x64
CTRL + T - New Tab Check out for more shortcut keys
Your answer is sad and you should feel bad.
Do you mean that you want to open a copy of the current page in a new Tab?
Easiest to do this with the keyboard is via these two shortcut keys: Alt +D to set focus to the location bar and Alt+ Enter to open the current URL in a new tab. There is no need to release the Alt key in between.
With the mouse you can middle-click the combined reload/stop button on the location bar or hold down the Ctrl key and drag the current tab to a new position on the tab bar.
Thanks for the answer! I can see the problem with my phrase, that's not what I meant. Suppose I'm on page X and that page does not allow for the context menu option "open in a new tab". I can't open many links easily. So I click a link and I'm directed to page Y on the same tab. Now I want to open a new tab with the page X so I can chose another link inside that page and so on. Is there a shortcut for that? It would be extremely useful.
you could try middle-clicking or holding ctrl while clicking links on page X in your example & see if this is making them open in a new tab.
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem to work, looks like some sort of flash object. Let me show you an example page:
Try to open several vouchers.
Ændret af mrvlhs den
ok, yes those aren't plain links but some sort of java-scripts - in this case you could middle-click or ctrl-click on the back arrow in the firefox navigation bar when you're on page Y.
Thanks! That's an awesome simple solution, I don't know why I haven't thought of it before. Problem solved! :)