Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

I have noticed that Gmail has stopped working with my latest Firefox Update (15). Is anyone else having this issue?

  • 5 svar
  • 10 har dette problem
  • 7014 visninger
  • Seneste svar af barkingspace

more options

It starts the loading screen and then hangs...

Alle svar (5)

more options

No problems here. Try clearing your cache and cookies.

  1. Open the Tools menu, then select Clear Recent History.
  2. In the Time Range to clear drop-down, select Everything.
  3. Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared.
  4. Select both Cookies and Cache.
  5. Click Clear Now.
more options

Hey Chris,

I tend to not store cookies or history to begin with - and that was the first thing I tried with this issue.

So far only gmail is affected.

more options

If you close Firefox, then start Firefox in Safe Mode, does the problem still occur? To start in Safe Mode, go to Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled.

If the problem does not occur in Safe Mode, then you can disable your extensions one-by-one until you find out which one is causing the problem. See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems.

If that doesn't work, we'll need some more info about your Firefox setup. Go to Help > Troubleshooting Information then click Copy all to Clipboard. Open a reply to this post, and go to Edit > Paste to paste the info from your Troubleshooting Information page.

more options

The Gmail site may not be working properly with cookies disabled (blocked).

Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.

  • Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
  • Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
  • Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)

You can also try to reset the preferences if there are other changes made from the default.

more options

That did the trick. It was weird - I had 4 extensions called "Save As 2.4" loaded for whatever reason. Time to run a malware scan I guess...