Ff crashes unless I open via (of all programs) Microsoft Live Messenger, then it works perfectly. What should I do?
Its weird, I also found another program not working now, a canon program for photo editing. So it might be a Windowsproblem. I just don't see, why it should work by opening a link in MLM.
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
Maybe a problem with multiple versions of some DLLs installed on the computer.
If you have started MLM then the correct DLL is loaded and in other cases a wrong DLL that causes crashes.
- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx Process Explorer
I've downloaded the program, but I don't know what to do next, because there are too many file/threads/keys to compare. So the problem is not solved. I have removed firefox (with user details) and installed it again, but this didnt help.
How soon does Firefox crash when you start it directly? Is there an error message?
If you have a program control feature in your security software / firewall, you might want to remove any existing rules for Firefox and have the software prompt you for permission again. This article has some useful background on this: Configure firewalls so that Firefox can access the Internet. (The reason I suggest this is if Firefox works as a "child" task of another program, that could indicate it is bypassing some firewall rules that way.)