firefox scrolling and images from videos getting stuck on other tabs
Ok lets say a youtube video is embedded on a forum or i'm on youtube.com when the video starts to play my up and down keys used for scrolling will only control the youtube players volume the page will no longer scroll (yes i know you have to click outside the video i have done that makes no difference) I have to go to a different tab and back to the page with the video in order to scroll like normal but if i have to restart the video or skip forward or backwards a little bit i have to switch tabs and back again to scroll.... Also if i close a page with a video playing or just switch tabs with the video playing whatever the video was showing last gets caught on the new tab i have to scroll up or down to clear it. So for example im watching a basketball clip showing a dunk i close the page when he is holding the rim that image goes over to the current tab that's open and i have to scroll to clear it that didn't happen before this whole scrolling issue. Main thing i want to fix is the scrolling tho..
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
not much infor on google but i updated flash as usual, uninstalled reinstalled firefox it worked for about a minute then started again. This does not happen on ie, safari, or chrome. I have a windows 7 laptop..
Try to "disable the hardware acceleration" in the Flash Player and maybe in Firefox as well.
Flash "Display settings" window:
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Thanks for the response hardware acceleration is already disabled in both firefox and adobe enabling doesn't change anything. Thanks again.. Feel free if you think of anything else.
Is smooth scrolling selected?
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General: Browsing: "Use smooth scrolling"
no but it doesn't make a difference if it is or isn't tried that too but thanks again..