When will Firefox 3 become End-Of-Life?
Has there been any official word from Mozilla concerning an End-Of-Life date for Firefox version 3? I am supporting Firefox 3 and 11 in a corporate environment and would like to know if we will need to begin phasing out version 3.
Firefox 3 was end of lifed several years ago. Firefox 3.6 will be end of lifed on April 24th, 2012. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Enterprise/Firefox/ExtendedSupport:Proposal#Assumptions.Læs dette svar i sammenhæng 2
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.3
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Juniper Networks Safari Extensions
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Firefox 3 was end of lifed several years ago. Firefox 3.6 will be end of lifed on April 24th, 2012. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Enterprise/Firefox/ExtendedSupport:Proposal#Assumptions.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I should have been more specific about which version of 3 we are using. We are currently deploying 3.6.x versions. :-)
That was what I figured :) Another thing you can consider if you want to support something a bit more stable without having to support Rapid Release browser versions is Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/ has all the information on that version.