Memory Leak problem
At version 10 the memory leak issue is even 10 times worse. Please fix that issue I do not want to abadom firefox because of this issue, but I can't work any more. I must close the browser every 30 minutes in order to keep the memory usage in a logical level.
Der skete følgende
Hver gang Firefox åbnes
Det begyndte da...
with version 10
- Version 184.108.40.20665
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.15
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
@AMCarter - yes, the "spinning wheel" is what I described as "cursor wait" - totally annoying and clearly still a memory issue. Its essentially still a freeze, since you cannot do anything while it happens. Something like this normally only happens in programs when you do something very heavy, eg. when I open a very large file in Photoshop. Its certainly not normal for a browser to be doing continually, which Firefox does.
I am happy for you that it is somewhat better on Mac (you did not indicate how long its been running or how many tabs/windows you have open).
Have you noticed any issues with scrolling web pages? Jerky movement or just nothing happens?
If anyone really does have a problem it is best to start your own tread, but please then be prepared to give full details and to try with add-ons and plugins disabled (unless a specific third party application is the cause. )
Listen, we have been hearing the SAME THING FOR YEARS. There is absolutely NO NEED for any new threads whatsoever. What is needed if for the Firefox developers to sit up, take notice, put their self pride aside AND FIX THE PROBLEM ONCE AND FOR ALL (not yelling, its emphasis). The problem is Firefox, not add-ons or extensions.... its just the same with none of these.
Lightning Jack, I'm going to lock this thread as it's turning into "Me Too" thread. However I want to point a few things out:
- Have you tried creating a new profile and testing the memory usage there (don't look in task manager, go to about:memory)? and while we are on the topic, go to about:memory and hit "minimize memory usage".
- If you have a SPECIFIC memory usage problem that you can reproduce, then feel free to file a bug at bugzilla.mozilla.org. Don't do that though for general "Firefox uses too much memory" or "with 5 tabs open Firefox uses too much memory". Bugzilla is for specific bugs that can actually be fixed.