Firefox has been totally upgraded for mac. Gmail says it no longer supports browser. Why?
I have downloaded latest firefox at least 3 times on my Mac OSX 10.6.8. When I log onto gmail, it says "this web browser is no longer supported." Why is it doing this? Also, when I open my firefox search page, why does it say "Warning: this version of firefox is no longer supported?"
Der skete følgende
Hver gang Firefox åbnes
Det begyndte da...
during the spring or summer
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.5.19
Upgrade your browser to Firefox 9 and check
Swarnava, I do believe he has already been downloading and installing Firefox 9.0.1 three times already.
avowedrep, your user agent appears as if it is Firefox 3.5.19 in more system details link on right of your post.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.5.19
See this on how to reset to default. https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/websites+or+add-ons+incorrectly+report+incompatible+browser#w_reset-your-user-agent
As for the "Warning: this version of firefox is no longer supported?" is sounds as if you still have the old http://www.google.com/firefox Firefox start page hosted by Google as your homepage. This old default homepage is no longer used (Firefox 3.6.* and earlier) as about:home has been in use since Firefox 4.0
Either ignore the "You're not on the latest version of Firefox" message, change homepage to about:home, change it to another page or leave blank.
Ændret af James den
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 9.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data if you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.