I have upgraded my Firefox 6 times in the last 2 weeks.I still get anotice that the current system doesn't support gmail
Within five minutes of opening gmail, I receive a notice that i need to upgrade as gmail is not supported by the older version of Firefox. It also declares that gmail may not run properly without the upgrade. After five unsuccessful upgrade attempts, I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled the latest version as it was shown by Mozilla. All looked well for no more than five minutes when the warning reappeared. This is very irritating and worrisome as I need this laptop for my daily business duties. What next?
Maybe you installed beta or non commercial version previously, try to download fresh one and follow ameekw instruction, i personally use gmail with fx 7 with no problemLæs dette svar i sammenhæng 0
Der skete følgende
Hver gang Firefox åbnes
Det begyndte da...
No more that 10 days ago
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Picasa plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Exent® AOD Gecko Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 GTB5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Our latest version is 7, remove 3.5 and 6 fully first then download and install Firefox from scrtach
As I said, "I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled the latest version as it was shown by Mozilla. All looked well for no more than five minutes when the warning reappeared." I already worked through your answer and now I need to know why it is so persistent in giving me these warnings. The only Firefox I have on board is "7". I would dislike using IE as it minutes slower than Mozilla Firefox.
Export your existing bookmarks to a html file. Note down the existing add-ons you have installed. (Ctrl+Prtscrn of add-ons page and paste it to a word file)
Do a clean uninstall of the existing FF with free programs like Revo uninstaller, which will delete all the root directories and registries.
Now do a clean install of FF 7.0.1. Check the max.network.connections is set to 32 in the new FF.
Import your favorites from the html file you created. Then open all the bookmarks and see if they are working properly.
You can install the add-ons later on by looking at your saved word file.
Hope this works for you.
Maybe you installed beta or non commercial version previously, try to download fresh one and follow ameekw instruction, i personally use gmail with fx 7 with no problem