I want google as my search engine, not Bing. How do I make Google the default search engine in the "Search the Web" feature of the search bar; or, how do I remove the "Search the Web" feature of the search bar so that "Google" can be default?
I want google as my search engine, not Bing. But no matter what I do in "Manage Search Engines," Firefox seems to reset to "Search the Web," which uses Bing.
How do I make Google the default search engine in the "Search the Web" feature of the search bar; or, how do I remove the "Search the Web" feature of the search bar so that "Google" can be default? When I move "Search the Web" down and "Google" up, the search bar resets every time Firefox reloads.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
Just move Google up to the top of the search drop-down
- click on the search bar drop-downattached tot he the favicon on thesearchbar
- go down to the bottom and choose "Manage Engines"
- move "Google up to the top"
I have the same problem. I tried that. As far as I can tell, it resets every time that I restart Firefox.
I discovered the culprit: the search results add-on. When I removed that, the "Manage Engines" change that I made stuck.
So how do I do that?
Sometime Bing is not located in the Add/Remove programs section of the control panel.
6 Easy Steps to Remove Bing from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the "inverted triangle" located to the right of the orange Bing icon.
2. Select the option "Manage Search Engines...". (A pop-up window will appear titled "Manage Search Engine List.)
3. Select "Bing".
4. Click the "Remove" button.
5. Select the desired search engine from the list.
6. Click "OK"
All Done.... :-)
This insidious bing was making me crazy too. After tryng some solutions posted here, I found an easy one for chrome. Right click in the address bar, click 'edit search providers', reset default!!!