Firefox 4.0 won't load because "Firefox could not install this item because of a failure in Chrome Registration. " I have removed google chrome , but I still get the message. I pops up about 4x everytime I open Firefox. This is really annoying. Help?
Open Firefox and this message pops up 4x before I get to home page. "Firefox could not install this item because of a failure in Chrome Registration. Please contact the author about this problem." I have removed google chrome , but I still get the message. It pops up about 4x everytime I open Firefox. This is really annoying. Help?
Der skete følgende
Hver gang Firefox åbnes
Det begyndte da...
I downloaded nad installed Firefox 4.0
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Chrome Registration failures in Vista/Windows 7 can be a security measure to prevent programs from making changes to protected folders and registry keys.
The solution is to run the Firefox program once as Administrator (right-click: Run as Administrator) to get elevated permissions.
Thank you,..such a simple solution, but I never would have figured it out.