Google keeps defaulting to the search setting of 10 results after I set it to 30.
Norton alway ate the Google cookie that saved search setting, which is one reason I hated Norton, and I've had Panda Cloud for several weeks, with no problem at first, but now, when I set the search setting to 30 or 50 results, it won't even do one single search with that setting, it pops back to 10 results.
This appears to be an issue with the new instant search option on Google. Try turning off instant search (the option is to the right of the search button) and see if you can then get more than 10 results.Læs dette svar i sammenhæng 3
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
Open Containing Folder
Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant
ArcSoft Video Downloader Extension
RAW Thumbnail Viewer
PDF Converter 7.0
( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
This appears to be an issue with the new instant search option on Google. Try turning off instant search (the option is to the right of the search button) and see if you can then get more than 10 results.
When I first posted the problem, I had actually tried turning the instant search on and off; in fact, that was the first I was aware of the instant search. At the time, turning the instant search off had no effect. Now, however, it seems to. On the other hand, sometimes the instant search keeps reverting back to on.
I am running openSUSE 11.2 and had the same problem after the update to firefox 3.6. I erased all my cookies, offline storage, and preference files "pref.js and user.js". This did not solve the problem. I went back to google's, page and pressed "search settings" and selected "Do not use Google instant" and pressed "save preferences". Then I went back into "searching settings" and selected "display 50" and pressed "Save Preferences". This time it accepted the display setting. It would not accept it if I did both at the same time. Hope this helps someone else.