Is there a way to remove a computer from Weave/Sync?
I just sold a computer that I used to associate with weave, but some of the stuff from that computer is still showing up on my other computers. Is there a way to get that stuff out of the DB, since I no longer care about it, and have sold that computer?
Like, for example, in my "Tabs from Other Computers" screen, my sold computer is still listed as a computer, taking up space. How do I get rid of it?
Every time Firefox opened
== I look in various places where data remains from the other computer.
- -The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- The Totem 2.30.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The IcedTea NPR Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.8 (6b18-1.8-0ubuntu2)) executes Java applets.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168pre) Gecko/20100627 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.5.2
Firefox Sync...and a bunch of unrelated stuff.
I have a similar problem. I associated my computer with my sync account but changed the name of my computer after the first sync. Now I have my home page and the "congratulations firefox sync installed" tabs page opened on "another computer" that doesn't exist.
I tried renaming my computer the same name as that "other computer" but I can't close these tabs. If I reopen the tabs they appear in double in my list of opened tabs.
Yep, same problem, except I just re-installed firefox on the same computer, and now its open tabs show up twice in the list (one set is the last set that was open before the reinstall).
There is a fix for this! Simply sync all your computers, then go into the Weave settings, and hit the button that says roughly: "reset all computers with this computer's data."
After that, the other computers will be removed from the tab list, and you'll be pretty much all set.
That doesn't help when the system in question has been destroyed. We need a way to just make it forget a system.
Had this problem earlier & later found an article that helped. So i thought I'd share (even though this is a year old). You have to reset your sync key. Here's how: Replace your Sync information