How can I manually update Firefox? Auto updates fail and end up making my computer hang for 10 minutes on startup.
Firefox, after starting up my computer, fails the autoupdate every day. It leaves my computer hanging much longer than I would enjoy. I would like to know how I can manually update firefox and/or prevent future issues.
Every time Firefox opened
== 3.6.2 or a little before.
- -Sling Player Plug-In for Mozilla
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2
I have AdBlockPlus, Download Status Bar, FastestFox, Firebug, GreaseMonkey, LinkyLook, SaveSession, ScrapBook, WebSlingPlayer and xLinks installed.
Help > Check for updates
To turn of auto update: Tools > options > Advanced >Update - and un-tick Firefox
Yeah, but I still want to upgrade firefox manually.
That's what the first thing will do. Only do it when you want to update.
BUT I CAN'T UPDATE TO BEGIN WITH
No need to shout. You asked "I would like to know how I can manually update firefox and/or prevent future issues." That's the question I answered.
You didn't say you'd tried a manual update and it failed. If so I suggest you uninstall and reinstall.
Either the latest (3.6.6) from the Mozilla website or another version from http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/