Is there any option in Firefox like Internet Explorer's Content Advisor?
can the browsing on Firefox be prevented to only certain sites as with the Internet Explorer using the Content Advisor?
- -Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_04 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20090729 Ant.com Toolbar 2.0.1 Firefox/3.5.2
Only in Windows Vista and 7, since Microsoft don't have any incentive to backport the ability of non-IE apps accessing that feature to XP, as it won't them more money in OS sales.
Alternatively, I suggest switching your DNS servers to OpenDNS
and signing up for an account to turn on their content filtering. This is free by having ad-supported search suggestion pages when you do a typo in the address bar. It also has paid accounts if you don't want the ads.
use k9 web protection it's free with no ads: http://www1.k9webprotection.com/