Firefox is not clearing cache with the refresh buttonl finding it necessary to clear cache with "Tools"
When trying to download PDF files from a web site, Firefox would not download the current file even after using refresh. It was necessary to clear cache using "Tools"
Every time Firefox opened
== Evidently about April 4th as the date of the stale PDF files which are updated weekly
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Reader Library Helper Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
If you hold SHIFT while clicking the reload button, it will reaload the page without cache. You can also use CTRL+SHIFT+R or CTRL+F5, I believe.
On Mac you can use Shift+Cmd+R or Shift click the Reload button to bypass the cache.
"Clear the Cache": Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"