Bookmarklets don't work but open up dozens of tabs
With certain software bookmarklets, like in Yojumbo, using it causes dozens of tabs to open up in Firefox for Mac.
Every time Firefox opened
== I installed Yojimbo but it has happened before with other software using bookmarklets
- -Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
I have FoxFilter and British English Dictionary installed in extensions
You may be having a problem with some extension or plugin that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
I have already tried that unfortunately and it didn't help. I also tried repair permissions.
Have you tried reinstalling Firefox? (not information will be lost in the process).
I've tried that too
Use the Profile Manager to create a new profile and see if the problem persists (don't forget to go back to your own profile, this is just for diagnostic purposes)
Thanks cor-el. Seems to be working now.